Monday, March 9, 2009

I have to go to school here?

































Thought I'd add some pictures from the past few days. From top left clockwise: Eric from Nebraska and me (with my eyes closed) with Emeline from France and Nadine and Elisabeth from Germany at an espresso bar close to my house, some indigenous musicians playing in the street, some of the other students getting into some pata flambeada - that's a roasted cow's leg - and finally La Mitre at about 5 in the morning. It's a dance club we went to Friday night; don't know if you can tell from the picture or not but you literally couldn't move in there for all the people. It took about 45 minutes to walk from one side of the room to the other. People here don't go out until 2 or 3 and it's typical to be out until 5 or 6.

In other news, today was the first day I had to go to class. We took a Spanish language placement test this morning, so I'll know by the end of the week what level of Spanish class I'll be taking. Also went to Global Economics after busting into the wrong classroom and interrupting a professor - you know that dream where you open the door to enter a lecture hall from the back and 100 people turn around and stare and the professor stops talking? Yeah it was like that. But then I found the right room, only to sit there for an hour with the rest of the class before someone came and told us that the professor forgot she was supposed to start classes today. We're going to try again on Thursday. If a professor at Ole Miss just forgot to come to the first day of the semester it could mean his job, but nobody seemed too upset about it here. Guess that's Latin America for you.

More later this week. Hope everybody's doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment